Invitation to Attend Galvatech 2017 Tutorial Lectures
The Galvatech 2017 program includes a series of basic lectures on the manufacture and performance of coated steel sheets. Delivered by eminent professors, this series will clearly present basic knowledge and outline the latest research trends in the areas listed below, in a format easily comprehensible to novices. Young researchers and engineers exploring this field at university or at industry will find the lectures particularly useful. This is a valuable opportunity to attend lectures by speakers active in the international arena. Attendance is not restricted to Galvatech 2017 participants, and we look forward to welcoming a large audience. The lectures and subsequent question and discussion session will take place in English.
1. Target Audience
Young researchers and engineers from universities and companies involved with coated steel sheets.
2. Date and Time
November 12, 2017 10:30–17:00
Room 419, Faculty of Engineering Bldg. 4, The University of Tokyo
(near Ito International Research Center, the conference venue)
- Dr. Joseph. McDermid / Professor, McMaster University
- Dr. Bruno C. De Cooman / Professor, Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTEC)
- Dr. Achim W. Hassel/ Professor, Johannes Kepler University Linz
- Continuous Hot Dip Galvanizing – A Process Tutorial from Annealing to Galvannealing J. McDermid
- Design of a 1st Generation Galvanized Advanced High Strength Steel:
EN 10346 HCT590X +Z (DP 600) B.C. De Cooman
- Corrosion – should we fear it or should we respect it? A.W. Hassel
- Questions and discussion
6. The number of attendees
Free of charge
8. Registration Method
Please visit the website below and register online.
Deadline for registration:
Friday, September 15, 2017. October 27, 2017 (Extended)